Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homemade Graduation Gift



My cousin Alexis just graduated from High School and will be attending Butler University in August. Her party was last weekend and it was so much fun. It was great to see a ton of family, catch up with friends, and meet new people. As far as her gift was concerned, I wanted her to have something that she could use and love- but not be the typical graduation gift. One of my best friend's little sister, Janelle, gave me the best gift idea for a new college freshman. Janelle will be a sophomore at Wittenberg (my old stomping ground) and has always reminded me of Alexis. They are both so trendy and fashionable! That being said, Janelle said her favorite grad gift was a jewlery hanger. She still uses it and gave me some great tips. So I decided to make one using cork board, fabric, a wooden frame, and knobs from Anthropologie. It turned out so cute! I have already been asked to make 3 more!!! The best part is the colors match Alexis's bedding and room accessories!

No comments: