As an art teacher I am constantly using a ton of materials, supplies, and tools to prepare the classroom, projects, and lessons. I couldn't live without so many different materials and resources. However, I have a top 5 must have materials in the art room help me get through each day.
1. Sharpies- black fine point sharpies, colorful sharpies...I am a sharpie queen! Not sure what to get me for Christmas? Sharpies! I love them and take one everywhere. They help me create signs, make beautiful art, write letters. They are my favorite!
2. Hot Glue Gun- for matting artwork, hanging important things, fixing broken pieces of clay. Everyone should own a hot glue gun.
3. Clorox Wipes- I'm way too busy for germs! No time to get sick and with the hundreds of children I see each week having these around save the day. Keeping the art room as germ free as possible is very important for everyone!
4. Egg Cartons- keeping the paint in an egg carton is the best way for me to distribute and maintain paint in the art room. It lasts for a couple of weeks with refills, and makes mixing paint a breeze. It is a great way to recycle the cartons and put them to good use.
5. Thick Paper- quality paper is so important for the success of each student. Thick paper is not only great for writing down important information, details to lessons, matting student artwork, and creating beautiful art, but also for storing the beautiful artwork and lesson plans for the future.
Of course there are so many more things I can think of that are extremely beneficial to the art room, but I needed these 5 things for the last couple of weeks every day! What are some of your favorite things to use in the art room?